Thursday, February 09, 2006

I finished reading Jonathan Livingstone Seagull today and I gave the book to MJ. I really liked Richard Bach's idea of setting aside all that limits us. Of course setting aside that which limits us does have its pros and cons. I won't go into the pros but, loosely one con would be...something like this...I want to drive, I'm frustrated cause people won't trust my abilities, I'm frustrated that the law of this country makes it legal for me to drive when I'm 18 and not before.....in such a case if I set aside the law which limits me, then it isn't good is it? I mean it is because of the law that there is at least some order to human beings and its because of the law, well at least somewhat, that we can call ourselves a society, rather than a mindless rabble of homosapiens who are too full of themselves.

So, anyways, I finished reading the book today and I've just begun another one. Its called 'Inside the Third Reich' and its been written by Albert Speer, a close associate of Hitler. Its actually his account of the his entire life, from his childhood to the Nuremburg trails. I've still not begun the main story but that is what its basically about. It ought to be an interesting read, especially since I enjoy history.

Moving onto my third obsession now - Formula One and Michael Jackson have already been mentioned by me - Star Wars. Essentially, the Star Wars saga is all about the struggle between good and evil. And it depicts what trauma and turbulence the protagonist - Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - goes through and what bearing his inner turmoil has on the galaxy far, far away as also on his son Luke. I won't get into the story cause everyone knows it but I'll try to link what happened in the saga on a galactic level to what happens to people on an individual level. The saga shows the turmoil in Anakin as he struggles and has a tough time choosing between good and evil. But what it also shows is the balance of power in the galaxy swing from good to evil to good again. Well we all face the dilemma of whether to choose the tougher good or the easier evil. In the saga that happens on an individual level with Anakin. But as for the swinging balance of power in the galaxy, we, or at least I, experience it on an individual level too. In my case, when I do something bad, I seek redemption and in seeking redemption, the balance of power within me swings to good. This happens since I have my guard up against doing anymore bad things. But once the pendulum tilts to the good and stays there, I gradually tend to lower my guard, without realising it, or even succumbing to minor temptations. And this once again makes me suceptible to doing something bad and the pendulum swings the other way and so on...

I don't know how much sense the above made to you guys but then thats just what I think. Maybe it happens in my case and might not happen with you guys. But thats the beauty of it. Being individuals, there is that one thing that only we feel. That one feeling unique to us makes us individuals, that is what makes us different from one another.

I know, I know, too philosophical. But that's my thinking. I leave it up to you guys to make of it what you will in your own individual ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home