Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Today is our weekly off from college...it only reminds me that we have college on Sundays. After blogging yesterday, all I did was play F1, the 2004 season, and surf the net even more. I didn't step outta the house yesterday. Kinda like the days from two years ago, when the only time I stepped out of the house was when I had college, that too because I had college. So getting back to the point, I did absolutely nothing yesterday...though I could have studied for my economics A.T.K.T. exam which I will have to appear for within a month's time. Oh yeah...I also napped yesterday..from 5 in the evening to 9 at night and then obviously i couldn't sleep at night. So what did I do?? I played F1 and surfed the net again. Ok, now enough writing about what I did yesterday...now for some F1 news:

Well on Monday at 9.24am Maranello time, the new Ferrari F-2006 hit the track for the first time, driven by Michael Schumacher. It was a cold morning and there was even some snow. But even then the new F-2006, on intermediate tires, managed to lap the Fiorano circuit in under a minute, though no official times were disclosed. The official launch of the car is slated for 24th January.

The new BMW-Sauber team launched their new car yesterday just after 9am. It bears quite a semblance to the old Williams-BMW. It is covered with Petronas, Credit-Suisse and Intel logos. It is painted blue and white.

Three personnel from Toyota have been charged with using stolen technology from Ferrari in their 2002 and 2003 cars. An engineer who came over from Ferrari in 2002 got the program with him and it was used by three Toyota personnel. The names were not disclosed earlier but now the identities of the three men have been revealed. One of them is Ove Andersson, the former Toyota team boss, the other is Gustav Brunner, former chief designer and the third is Rene Hillhorst, former head of aerodynamics.

That is the news worth note so far. The rest is just worth a quick glance. Some quotes here, teams gushing about how good and quick their cars are, though when the season starts most of them will be slow and they won't know whats wrong with their cars that were so quick over the winter.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/photolarge.php?photoID=54800&catID=1924



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home